www.surplusstore.co.uk
Welcome to the surplusstore.co.uk Forum

FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Beeman 2004E - Easy to load and cock?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.surplusstore.co.uk Forum Index -> Air Pistols
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Suicide
Spec Ops

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:55 pm    Post subject: Beeman 2004E - Easy to load and cock? Reply with quote

Well, my bro had a go with my XS19 air rifle... pretty good shot I might add, but he was having trouble pulling the barrel down to cock the gun! He had to get me to do it for him Laughing

Anyway, he's decided he wants an Air Pistol, so I've had a look around and the Beeman seems the way to go Wink Nothing but good reviews, accurate, powerful, no recoil and all that.

So this is what I'm getting (for me as well, might go half and half with him), but is it easy to load and more importantly, cock?

I've heard the cocking mechanism can be quite hard to compress down, which is a problem since my bro is a total weakling and won't be able to push it down Rolling Eyes

So, is it easy to load and cock it?

On the other hand, I might just buy a cheapo .22 one for him.
Shopboy1
Sniper

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know one person who can't do it and it can be quite hard if you don't have the technique to it...

Tbh if he can't cock an XS19 it might do him good to build a bit of muscle on the Beeman Razz
Suicide
Spec Ops

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Yeah...he has no muscles at all! Weakling...lol. I suppose I can't talk.... I have to hold the butt against my thigh in order to pull the XS19 barrel down Embarassed Anyway, I'll decide closer to his birthday which is in May.
Shopboy1
Sniper

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't recommend this pistol enough anyway!

Just a quick bit of advice though, when/if you do get it when you cock it hold it towards your chest and close it fast and make sure you don't trap anything in it as it closes as you can't open it without firing it and I've managed to trap one of the thin bits of connecting skin you have between your fingers in a mates one Shocked
MrHeadshot
Foot Slogger

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive owned a BEEMAN 2004E, it was a lovely pistol and i was sad to see it go Sad (but my pc modding addiction got the better of me Wink )

It was hard for me to compress the air at first but you just need to find the best less strainful way of doing it. its a lovely plinking pistol and looks better than the freaky looking air-pistols about Wink

If you do get it have fun... i know i did Very Happy
Grunt

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Everyone.

It's my first post here; and I'm a total newbie to the world of air pistols/rifles - so please do bear with me Very Happy

Anyways, I'm replying to this thread because the Beeman 2004E is the initial pistol I'm thinking of buying. Reading what's been said in this thread, and the reviews of it, I would be correct in assuming that this is one of the more powerful & reliable air guns..?

The other thing I wanted to ask is - which are more powerful, pellet based or these C02 guns..? I'm not too concerned about the budget, though it's definitely a pistol and NOT a rifle that I'd like to go for. The only comparable C02 model I saw in the catalogue which I liked, was the 6mm Desert Eagle Co2 Semi-Automatic Blow-Back BB Pistol (?150) .

So whether to go for that, or the Beeman Air Pistol...hmmmm. I guess I'm looking for the best power, performance and overall reliability in making my choice, and hopefully some of you guys/girls can point my nose in the right direction.. Wink

Take Care Pepes Twisted Evil

Last edited by lucifer on Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:28 pm; edited 2 times in total
lucifer
Grunt

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duplicate post...Had to edit Embarassed

Last edited by lucifer on Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
lucifer
Grunt

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

..And Thanks for any help offered Very Happy
fulanito_uk
Grunt

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Co2 pistols are much weaker and less accurate, but IMO look much better as most are based on real weapons.... and no need to cock each time you want to shoot, just pull the trigger. in short

AIR GUN- for target and serious shooting,
Co2-for shoting cans in the garden with a realistic gun.
lucifer
Grunt

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks fulanito_uk for the reply. Since I posted last I've been trawling the site catalogue; and in the end took a chance and bought something which 'seemed' to fit the bill. Whether it does or not - well I'll know soon enough..impatient or what..lol.

No matter; I've done a lot of old fashioned research via the web; and on balance I think it'll make a good first buy. Its here anyways (a 6mm BB Sigma SW40F)

http://www.surplusstore.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/50_82/products_id/983

Wish me Luck. Now what is a 'trigger..??' Shocked Very Happy (JOKE..!!)
Shopboy1
Sniper

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love that pistol, powerful as hell, just bear in mind that it fires 6mm plastic BBs not 177 or 22 metal pellets...
Suicide
Spec Ops

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does the mag stick out like that all the time, or is it just for iluustration purposes in the photo? Doesn't look right IMHO.
lucifer
Grunt

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Suicide. I just received my Sigma today. The mag does stick out as you seen in the pictures here. That said; it is very nicely weighted, can hold up to 39 bbs & has a very nice kick and power to it. Also received my first rifle - nothing flash - a B4 Custom Under-Lever. I wasn't expecting the power that that packs I have to say..impressed..!!
Davey
Grunt

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The BEEMAN 2004E sounds like the Webley Nemesis.. A friend had one about 13 years ago and it was a pain in the arse to compress the cylinder.
Shopboy1
Sniper

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know about the Webley'ness' of the Beeman but I do know it is a direct copy of a weirauch (sp?) as a mate of mine had one about 5-6 years ago. He paid 70-80 quid for it second hand then!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.surplusstore.co.uk Forum Index -> Air Pistols All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: