www.surplusstore.co.uk
Welcome to the surplusstore.co.uk Forum

FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Looking For A Metal 'Heavy' Pistol

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.surplusstore.co.uk Forum Index -> Air Pistols
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vanchatron
Grunt

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:28 am    Post subject: Looking For A Metal 'Heavy' Pistol Reply with quote

I'm 22 years old and am looking to purchase an air pistol. Now it can either be for firing BBs or Metal Pellets, that's not particularly important, as it's only going to be fired around at targets in my back yard most of the time anyway.

What IS important is it's weight. I'm really looking for a heavyish pistol, so that it feels more sturdy & reliable than your average plastic BB gun. If I could find the gun in metal as opposed to plastic, that would be absolutely brilliant, as I've been trying to find one for ages.

I've had 3 guns in the past... A Walther P99, Walther CP99 (both plastic BB guns) & a .22 Air Rifle.

I'm looking to spend up to £100 if necessary on a gun, but just wondered what you guys suggest? I don't like the looks of old guns such as the luger etc, I prefer more modern looking pistols such as Beretta 9mm, Walther P99 etc.

If you guys could point me in the right direction and suggest a gun for me to purchase, I would greatly appreciate it.

Many thanks in advance!
Shopboy1
Sniper

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't think of a heavy metal Razz pistol for under £100, the first one I would really recommend is the Beretta 92fs which comes in around £150, the 1911, cp88 are all good heavy weight metal pistols...
One I would recommend is the CP99 Sport, it is all plastic and lacks a couple of the features of the full CP99, but it's well built, in a completely different league to the cheap plastic BB pistols and around £100...
The only ones for specifically under £100 are the Crosman C11, Beretta Elite II and Beeman 2004e, but these are all plastic, the first 2 are Co2 177 BB pistols and the Beeman is a lever Pnumatic pellet pistol...
Vanchatron
Grunt

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shopboy1 wrote:
I can't think of a heavy metal Razz pistol for under £100, the first one I would really recommend is the Beretta 92fs which comes in around £150, the 1911, cp88 are all good heavy weight metal pistols...
One I would recommend is the CP99 Sport, it is all plastic and lacks a couple of the features of the full CP99, but it's well built, in a completely different league to the cheap plastic BB pistols and around £100...
The only ones for specifically under £100 are the Crosman C11, Beretta Elite II and Beeman 2004e, but these are all plastic, the first 2 are Co2 177 BB pistols and the Beeman is a lever Pnumatic pellet pistol...

The 92fs, 1911 & Elite II all look great, just the type of pistol I'm looking for, thanks.

Are they all sold on the Surplus Store website, and on a related note, how durable/sturdy are the plastic guns compared to the metals ones and also, are the plastic ones able to fire Ball Bearings?
Shopboy1
Sniper

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never heard of any problems with either tbh!

Surplusstore does all of these (I'm going from their stock to be honest!)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.surplusstore.co.uk Forum Index -> Air Pistols All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: